There are countless ways people can exercise leadership in their communities. I discovered several years ago that my greatest strength lies in my creative approach to solving problems and moving forward. Albert Einstein once said, “I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.” Curiosity, or creativity and the imagination of future possibilities, allows me to find connections and significance in areas others might not see. I believe in using my energy and creativity to motivate the teams I work with throughout my community.
One of my greatest strengths is my ability to work closely and effectively with others and to build collaboration, often among conflicting parties. I am highly motivated and manage multiple responsibilities and activities across several organizations.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Fourteen-year employment with the Kansas Dental Association
- Executive Director of a not-for-profit that provides more than $1 million in dental care annually. Duties include grant writing, fundraising, budgeting and carrying out direction as set by the Board of Directors
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Experience with board relationships and development
- Ability to build relationships and collaboration among partners and stakeholders
- Law school graduate, admitted to the Kansas Bar
- Provide coverage of day-to-day dental news stories, both locally and nationally, on the KDA website, social media and in our printed publication
- Extensive experience using social media to effectively communicate organizational goals and missions, and to market the association to prospective members and partners. Developed successful social media strategies for multiple organizations and a regularly speaker to Kansas Society of Association Executives Education Programs
- Served as Chief Legislative Aide to Kansas Senate Majority Leader
- Currently President of a not-for-profit board of directors, where I have gained experience working closely with an executive director
- Experience with traditional media sources and communications, including television, radio and newspaper interviews. Two year experience as a newspaper writer and editor of college newspaper
- Licensed Property and Casualty Insurance agent in Kansas